Parent to Parent: Family Training on AD/HD
A series of 7 two-hour classes for anyone who wants to learn about ADHD
1. Overview of AD/HD
2. Assessment to Multimodal Treatment
3. Developing Parenting Strategies and Positive Behavior Interventions – Behavior Management, Part I
4. Developing Parenting Strategies and Positive Behavior Interventions – Behavior Management, Part II
5. Educational Rights for your Child with AD/HD
6. Building an Education Team: Bridging the Gap Between Home and School
7. Resiliency, Teen Challenges and Future Success
The classes are taught in 11 areas of the State of Utah.
Class Location & Registration Contact Information:
(1) Salt Lake City -- classes are held each Fall, Winter and Spring on a rotating basis at Valley Mental Health Children’s Outpatient Services Building, Suite A170, 1141 East 3900 South. in Salt Lake from 6:30 to 8:30 P.M. Contact: Susan McDonald—467-8553.
(2) Davis County – classes are held each Fall, Winter and Spring at the Davis School District, Kendall Building, Personal Development Center 75 East 100 North, Farmington, 6:30-8:30 P.M. Fall 2008 Contact: Tammy Naylor 801-292-6233.
(3) Weber/BoxElder— Class are held each Fall, Winter and Spring from 6:30 – 8:30 P.M at different schools in the Ogden area. Check CHADD of Utah web site for current location. Contact: Ed Williams 801-452-4589
(4) Utah Valley – Contact: Melanie Hatch at 801-789-3952.
(5) Cache County – Contact: email@example.com 435-232-8419
(6) Heber – Contact: Lindsey Knight firstname.lastname@example.org 435-654-8060
(7) Price – Contact: Debbie Henrie email@example.com 435-637-0824
(8) Vernal – Contact: Shanna Wheeler firstname.lastname@example.org 435-790-5658
(9) Blanding – Contact: Kristi Dewitt email@example.com 435-678-2054
(10) Manti – Contact: Lorna Larsen firstname.lastname@example.org 435-851-0142
Cost: $60/couple ($50/couple for CHADD members) for the entire series to cover the cost of materials.
Limited scholarships are available based on financial need.
Pre-registration is required.
Check CHADD of Utah website for updated class schedules: www.chaddofutah.com or call Linda Smith at 801-292-2816
(For classes taught in Spanish please contact Julie Moreno at 272-1051 or at 867-2375)
Class Series Endorsed by:
Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit Disorders (CHADD) of Utah; Utah State PTA Education Commission; The Utah Education Association (UEA); The Edward G. Callister Foundation; Intermountain Healthcare; The Intermountain Pediatric Society; Valley Mental Health; Davis, Weber and Ogden, Murray, Carbon, South San Pete, San Juan, Wasatch and Washington School Districts.