Who or what is CHADD of Utah?
CHADD stands for Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder AD/HD.
CHADD of Utah is a chapter with the National CHADD organization. For more information on CHADD please visit the national web site here .
We have branches and support groups in several areas of the State of Utah.
Who runs CHADD of Utah?
We are an all-volunteer organization of parents, grandparents, siblings, adults, professionals and others. We are dedicated to be your source on such AD/HD issues as school, teachers, children, adults, women, girls, work, accommodations, diagnosis, resources, family, marriage, and couples.
We are always in need of others who can spare a few hours a month in assisting others in AD/HD issues. So what kind of things do we need help with? Please click here for details.
What do we do?
- Facilitate branches and support groups [family and adult] in many areas of the State of Utah
- Provide presentations to schools, groups and organizations on AD/HD
- Teacher In-service Program
- Teach classes on how to be a parent of children with AD/HD with our 7 week Parent to Parent class series. Please click here for details.
- Monitor the Utah and National legislature for bills and other activities that will impact families and individuals with AD/HD
- Partnership and co-sponsors with other local and state disability and other organizations in conferences, seminars and fairs
- Educational / Speakers Meetings
- Networking / Mentoring
- Provide a listening ear with parents and others dealing with AD/HD issues
- Emailing notices associated with local news and other events regarding or impacting AD/HD
- Volunteer Opportunities
Do you have to be a member of CHADD organization to benefit from what we do?
NO, HOWEVER, there are additional benefits to members
- Member discounts on local seminars, educational and professional speakers
- Chapter Resource Library
- Local Members only web page
- Access to a Professional Resource List
- National Call Center to call
- ADHD Fact Sheets
- The CHADD Information and Resource Guide to AD/HD
- Bi-Monthly ATTENTION! Magazine
- Access to the National Members’ Web Page with Message Boards and Expert and Peer Chats
- Discounts for ADHD Workshops and Conferences, including the CHADD Annual Conference
- Medical Benefits Plan
- Advocacy at the National level
- Plus Much More for Organizational and Professional Memberships